Benefits of Sun Salutation Yoga (Surya Namaskar) for Physical and Mental Health!
To calm and focus the mind, do the pranam asana, which can help alleviate many illnesses.
The Sun is the biggest source of energy. This is why ancient sages used to worship the sun. The meaning of ‘Surya Namaskar’ is to salute the sun, i.e. Sun Salutation. If you are starting with yoga, then practicing ‘Surya Namaskar’ is the best. It gives you the benefit of 12 yoga postures at once and that’s why it is also called the best yoga posture.
Yoga exercise and physical movement are not only necessary to keep the body healthy but also important to keep the mind fit. Daily practice of the 12 steps of Surya Namaskar makes the mind active and focused. Generally, it is practiced on an empty stomach in the morning. Do it in an open space where you can get fresh air.
The Surya Namaskar yoga posture is considered the best in all yoga exercises, also known as a full-body workout. Regular practice of only this posture can help a person reap the benefits of complete yoga exercise. Through its practice, a person’s body becomes healthy and energetic. Surya Namaskar is known to be beneficial for women, men, children, youths, as well as seniors.
The Health Benefits of Yoga: Alleviating Physical Problems and Promoting Overall Well-being
Yoga is essential for keeping the body healthy in our lives. Regular practice of yoga can alleviate many physical problems. Taking the help of yoga can reduce problems such as obesity, high blood pressure, high sugar, thyroid, and period problems. Yoga postures effectively relieve physical problems. In addition, there are some postures that women should practice regularly. Practicing these postures can help relieve problems such as back pain, stomach pain, lower back pain, periods, and other types of problems. At the same time, the body benefits in many other ways.
To stay physically and mentally healthy and prevent diseases, yoga is the easiest way. Yoga is beneficial for everyone, regardless of gender. Practicing yoga daily is a good habit. It not only keeps us physically healthy but also provides mental benefits.
Benefits of Surya Namaskar and How to Perform Pranamasana
Pranamasana: Stand on a yoga mat in an open field and stand in the position of saluting the sun. Stand straight and join both hands on the chest and take a deep, long breath in a relaxed position.
Regular practice of Surya Namaskar enhances physical and mental vigor, thinking ability, and memory power. There are many other benefits of Surya Namaskar, some of which are mentioned below-
Benefits of Sun Salutation:
- Blood circulation increases in all important body parts.
- Sun Salutation provides vitamin D, which strengthens the bones.
- Vision improves.
- Blood flow in the body increases, providing relief from blood pressure problems.
- Sun Salutation has a positive effect on the brain, keeping it cool.
- Reduction of belly fat leads to weight loss, making it very helpful for overweight people.
- Prevents hair from turning white and falling out, and protects from dandruff.
- Helpful in controlling anger, and increasing focus, memory, and self-confidence.
- Reduces the chances of skin diseases.
- Improves the functioning of the heart and lungs.
- Activates all parts of the body, muscles, and nerves.
- Helps balance the flow of hormones in important glands such as the pituitary, thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal, liver, pancreas, ovaries, etc.
- Increases the activity and strength of all bodily systems, including blood circulation, respiration, digestion, excretion, nerves, and glands.
- Plays a very useful role in resolving digestive problems such as indigestion, constipation, bloating, gas, flatulence, and lack of appetite.
- Doing Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation) in a specific way leads to improved blood circulation throughout the body, which results in healthier organs.
- Sun Salutations involves a lot of bending forward and backward, so it’s important to do them properly to avoid injury. Doing them correctly also helps to stretch the body and improve flexibility.
- Sun Salutations can help to burn more calories and are beneficial for weight loss. They also improve vital functions of the body while protecting the spine.
- Sun Salutations are a good yoga practice for people who suffer from stress and anxiety. Doing them daily can help to reduce stress and stabilize mood, resulting in a calmer mind.
- Sun salutations increase blood circulation after digestion, improving the digestive process and overall abdominal health.
- Hands, eyes, and muscles become stronger. The body experiences growth.
- Every woman wants to have a firm belly. If sun salutations are done daily, the belly becomes toned and the waistline shrinks.
- There is a power that eliminates waste and toxic substances from every organ and part of the body.
Sun Salutation is made up of 12 yoga asanas. They are the following:
1. Pranamasana – The Prayer Pose
2. Hasta Uttanasana – Raised Arms Pose
3. Padahastasana – Standing Forward Bend
4. Ashwa Sanchalanasana (Anjaneyasana)- Equestrian Pose
5. Dandasana (Adho Mukha Shwanasna)- Staff Pose
6. Ashtanga Namaskara – Eight Limbed pose or Caterpillar pose
7. Bhujangasana (Urdhwa Mukha Shwanasna) – Cobra Pose
8. Adho Mukha Svanasana – Downward-facing Dog Pose
9. Ashwa Sanchalanasana (Anjaneyasana; Opposite foot)- Equestrian Pose
10. Padahastasana – Hand Under Foot Pose
11. Hasta Uttanasana – Raised Arms bend Pose
12. Pranamasana – The Prayer Pose Final (First Pose)
To Know more about it: Click Here!
To see the 12 Pose of Surya Namaskar